Quick Locksmith Master Key Services (323) 450-2142
What exactly is a master key system? It is a system that allows 2 or more keys to open one lock. This system often uses a pin tumbler lock. Pin tumbler master locks use a master wafer/pin in between the key pin and the driver pin.
Master keys are something everyone seems to be fascinated with. Without a master key, there is only one key for a lock. This is the necessary key to change a simple lock into a master keyed lock. In some systems, this will be the highest-ranking key.
How The Key Works
In the trade, a master key may be shortened. The systems work off of a basic pin tumbler lock. To open a lock, a pinned stock consisting of a driver pin and a key pin must be elevated so that the two rest on opposite sides of the shear line. One key lifts the pins within a lock, and the pins are all different sizes. The driver pins will be a universal size. Therefore, the key needs to have the right set of grooves to lift the key pins to the correct height.
All that is needed for any standard pin tumbler lock to be converted for a master key system is to add a master wafer (master pin) between a driver and key pin. A master wafer is just a small, hockey puck-shaped pin. Once it is in place, the pin stack will have two shear lines. A shear line for a pin stack with a master wafer below or above the line.
Benefits of a Master Key System
Most large institutions do not want their employees to carry around large quantities of keys. Most of these institutions like to restrict access based on an individual’s standing and responsibility within the establishment. A master key system will allow for different levels of restricted entry. When a master key stem is finished, there may be a graduated level of access.
As a business owner looking to balance business security, you might want to consider employee access. Security is crucial to any business, whether big or small. Therefore, Master key systems present a simple, yet effective solution. As your trusted commercial locksmith in the area, Quick Locksmith Los Angeles is here to tell you the benefits that master key systems have to offer.
- Convenience- As the business owner, you only need one key to open every door in the business.
- Cost Effectiveness– When you have a master key installed, we can simply rekey your old locks, preventing you from needing to invest in expensive new hardware.
- Security– You can design your system to give employees access to only the areas they need, enhancing the security of your business.
- Efficiency– Because your employees can access the areas, your security system won’t get in the way of their productivity.
- Control-When combined with a high-security lock, a master key system ensures no one will duplicate your key without your express permission.
- Master keys are able to open multiple locks.
- The greater the difference between the master key and the change key, the more master wafers will be needed.
- The more master wafers, the more possible keys can open the lock.
The Promised Land
As you can see, having a master key system makes a world of difference in terms of security. We have the keys to help you enter the promised land of ultra-security, the master key system! Contact Quick Locksmith Los Angeles at (323) 450-2142 to get a free quote for your business today.